“A shoe has so much more to offer than just to walk”, a right shoe on the right apparel sparks your personality, and your taste towards life. Dress shoes or party wear shoes for men is the most important investment a man can make in his closet. There are some shoe styles that every man should have in their wardrobe for their longevity, versatility and personality. From dress shoes to sneakers, these shoes have a rich history which proves they will always be a mainstay.
Your ensemble plays a major role in how you present yourself, your shoes are also as important to keep your look intact. It’s crucial to choose a perfect shoe which uplifts your apparel and charisma. Dress shoes can make and break your look, so when you dress to impress, adorn yourself with the correct color and style of shoes to make your party night rocking.
Here are 5 best party wear shoes for men to revamp your shoe venture
- Derby shoes
- Penny loafers
- Oxford shoes
- Suede Leather Shoes
Derbies are similar to ‘Blucher’ shoes, but the only difference in blucher is that the upper part is made from one cut whereas in derby the upper part has large quarters with eyelets sewn on top. Derby shoes are comfortable with a tongue and open-lacing system. They’re easy to put on and off and light in weight. The defining characteristic of derby shoes are-
- An open lacing system, with the eyelets facing stitched on the top of the quarters.
- The quarter is sewn on the top of the Vamp
- Three specific pieces: A vamp with the tongue and two quarters
- An elongated or rounded toe
- Stitched leather sole
Derby shoes are essential for every men’s style as they’re sleek, dressy, and separates gentlemen from the crowd. There are variations of derby dress shoes, derby is worn at informal events with casual and partywear. Derby Shoes can be worn at many occasions and it can also be adapted to different outfits. The versatility of derby makes them perfect for business parties and events. This party shoe is perfect for classic look, in material such as suede, and is ideal for a more casual look. Style your versatile derby shoes with:
- Summer Wedding- Pair a linen or cotton suit with tie or a pair of well fitted dark denim jeans and light color shirt.
- Casual Outings- For a relaxed look wear them casually with chinos or denim.
Loafers are laceless shoes, characterized by the leather strap that runs horizontally across the vamp with a slot. They have a low but defined heel, and the toe is often done in a moccasin-style construction. Loafers are a summertime staple, the classic weekend shoes that’s comfortable, easy to slip on, and super stylish. Penny loafers typically feature a decorative segment that includes a plain strap, a strap with a slit or metal ornament.
They are considered a more casual option that can be worn for lunch or at evening binge giving a stylish relaxed touch to informal outfits. They work with both casual and formal outfit, style them along-
- Rolled-up jeans- are those long jeans ruining your loafers look. Roll your jeans and let your loafers stand out and look stylish.
- Formal Style- Style them with a coat and tie with classy leather loafers. This look gives a formal look and can be worn in day time and also at weddings. Remember to carry sunglasses and a brown watch to go with loafers and a belt.
These classy shoes are great for men as they are classic, timeless, and always admired. This classic men’s dress shoe is a must in every gentleman closet. The defining characteristic of oxford shoes are –
- A close lacing system, with the eyelet facing stitched under the quarters
- Interior and exterior quarters stitched underneath the vamp
- The tongue is stitched separately underneath the vamp
- A low heel and exposed ankle
- Stitched leather sole
Oxford shoes can be worn for job interviews, formal occasions, and are the preferred style for men in more conservative professions. Pair them with-
- Formal look- wear them at office or job interview and pair them with suits, chinos and tailored jeans.
- Summer look-For a preppy summer look try wearing classic brown oxford with cuffed chinos and no-socks or wear them with dark jeans and knitwear for a smart casual look.
Brogue shoes are versatile party wear shoes which are feasible in various styles and hues and are suited for most occasions. Brogues refer to any low heel shoe, with hole perforations on the leather uppers(top of the shoes), known as brouging and serrated edges alongside the seam of the shoe. Brogues are known as dress shoes for men, they are quite formal, but the detailing in the shoes which are quite unique and stylish makes them slightly more casual party wear. Wearing brogues at semi-formal occasions, smart- casual occasions( parties and clubs), and office wear is perfectly acceptable. Here are some tips how to pair your brogues with party wear apparel –
- Smart-casual wear- for a sophisticated yet classic look, pair your brogues with chambray shirts,chinos or slim blue jeans.
- Party-night wear- pair light color chinos with classic brown brogues and a button up shirt to rock Friday night party.
Suede Leather Shoes
Suede leather shoes make a man look more stylish and masculine. Suede shoes attract attention as most men wear dark shoes, so bright suede leather shoes make you stand out of the crowd( in a good way) and make heads turn. Wear them at casual and party occasions like bars, casual workplace, weddings or clubs. For a classy yet relaxed look wear them at-
- Bachelorette Party – to look stylish at your or your friend’s bachelorette party pair brown suede leather shoes with camel overcoat (for winter) and navy dress pants.
- Cocktail Party- Pair your suede leather shoes with chinos, dark color shirt and blazer, also don’t forget to put on your favorite perfume.
Every gentleman should own these 5 dress shoes for nailing their overall look with sophistication and smartness. Wear these shoes at parties, informal occasions,
semi-formal occasions,and occasions like weddings and receptions.